TABUNG KORBAN & KORBAN APPS PROGRAMME BY
PROVET GROUP OF COMPANIES SDN. BHD.
We, PROVET SDN BHD (Company No.: 444201-V), together with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “PROVET”) respect the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy of our users/subscribers/customers (collectively, “Users”), and strive to provide a safe and secure user experience.
1. Information collected by the Websites
Our Websites’ servers do not automatically recognize specific information about individual users on our Websites. In addition, our servers do not automatically record information regarding a User’s e- mail address unless the User supplies it.
The User-supplied information collected through the registration process, surveys, contest entry forms, polls or other similar vehicles is used to improve the content of our sites, or used for our marketing purposes. It is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes unless specifically stated herein.
2. Purpose of Personal Data collected
Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our Websites and the other related channels may be processed and/or disclosed to our Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the following purposes (collectively, “Purposes“):
- to manage, verify and complete transactions with you;
- to manage and verify your membership for our customer loyalty scheme (where applicable);
- to direct market our products and/or services to you;
- to understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to improve our services;
- to respond to your requests or complaints;
- to send you updates on products, news and event updates, rewards and promotions, special privileges and initiatives offered by PROVET SDN BHD and/or its partners and/or advertisers;
- to process your payment transactions;
- for our credit control service and/or collection of debts due and owing to us; and
- to comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority.
Although the precise details of the Personal Data collected will vary according to the specific purpose (such as contests, forums, surveys etc.) whether via online or otherwise, we may typically collect the following Personal Data from or in relation to you:
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth;
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers;
- Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers);
- Transaction data, such as details about orders and payments, and other details of products and Services related to you;
- Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Platform;
- Profile data, such as your username and password, orders related to you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage data, such as information on how you use the Platform, products and Services or view any content on the Platform, including the time spent on the Platform, items and data searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the Platform and other similar statistics;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Platform or with third party customer service providers; and
3. Use and Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Data within PROVET SDN BHD and/or to the Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the Purposes set forth here in above in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
(i) Processing your order for products (whether sold by us or a third party seller)
- To process orders you submit through the Platform;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to make delivery of the product to you;
- To update you on the delivery of the products;
- To provide customer support for your orders; and
- To verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to third parties such as our payment service providers.
4. Update of Personal Data
It is important that the personal data you provide to us is accurate and complete for you to continue using the Platform and for us to provide the Services.or purchase of any products and/or services offered by PROVET SDN BHD may be denied or affected. You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the Platform. We take steps to share the updates to your personal data with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal data if your personal data is still necessary for the above-stated purposes.
5. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or in servers located in Malaysia. It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to third party services providers based/located outside Malaysia. By continuing to use the Websites, products and/or services of PROVET SDN BHD, you hereby consent to such transfer. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes stated in paragraph (2) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
Save and except as provided in paragraph (15) hereof, we do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
6. How Email and ‘Contact Us’ messages are being handled
We may preserve the content of any email or “Contact Us” or other electronic message that we receive.
The message content may be monitored by our service providers or employees for purposes including but not limited to compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
7. Communication or Utilisation Data
Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Websites and/or any other sites operated and/or managed by PROVET SDN BHD, your communications data (e.g. IP address) or utilisation data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilisation data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
8. Automatic Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Data
When you access the Websites and/or use of any product/services offered by PROVET SDN BHD, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect, use and disclose non-personally identifiable data, including but not limited to information about your Internet browser and operating system, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed.
We may use and disclose these non-personally identifiable data and share it within PROVET SDN BHD and/or third parties to inter alia; monitor the attractiveness of the Websites and improve our performance/product/services/content on an aggregate, anonymise and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information is not intended to be used to personally identify you.
For example, we may collect:
- Device information— such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, such as language and available font settings, and settings of the device you use to access our Websites.
- Location information— such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s global positioning system (GPS) signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
Cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit the Websites. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you do not have to enter those credentials each time you visit a Website.
- Cookies can help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which parts of our Websites are the most popular because they help us see which pages and features users access and how much time they spend on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt our Websites and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which advertisements you have seen so that you don’t receive the same advertisement each time you visit our Websites.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. If you disable browser cookies or flash cookies, it may interfere with the proper functioning of our Websites.
Beacons. We, along with the Authorized Third Parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Websites and products and/or services offered by PROVET SDN BHD and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and advertisements that are more relevant to you.
Local Storage & Other Tracking Technologies. We, along with third parties, may use other kinds of technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and Hypertext Markup Language revision 5 (HTML5) local storage, in connection with our Websites. We also may use unique identifiers associated with your device, such as mobile advertising identifiers. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For HTML5 local storage, the method for disabling HTML5 will vary depending on your browser. You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. However, certain cookies are required to enable core functionality (such as adding items to your shopping basket), so please note that changing and deleting cookies may affect the functionality available on the Platform or through our Services.
Additional Choices With Respect To Targeted Advertising
Due to differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, you may need to take additional steps to disable tracking technologies in mobile applications. Many mobile devices allow you to opt-out of targeted advertising for mobile applications using the settings within the mobile application or your mobile device. For more information, please check your mobile settings. You also may uninstall our applications using the standard uninstall process available on your mobile device or app marketplace.
10. Public Forums
Our Websites make information sharing, feedback, forums, and/or message boards available to Users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data. We request that users treat each other with courtesy and mutual respect.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the Websites, or any part thereof by Users will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely without further reference to you.
Our Websites have security measures in place from unauthorised access ,to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When a User is asked to provide his/her credit card information, we provide a secure environment through our partners’ systems (using industry standard SSL or SET protocols) for this purpose.
For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Websites. For your own protection, we require you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
Our Websites contain links to other sites, such as our business affiliates, merchants or payment gateways.. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You are advised to check on the applicable privacy policies of those websites to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.We have established relationships with advertisers and/or business partners but such relationships are generally technical in nature, or content collaborations. If any advertisers and/or business partners access to any information entered by Users in our database, this fact shall be disclosed to the Users upon initiating the registration process. Users who feel they do not wish their information to be shared by anyone other than the Websites may then opt out of completing the registration.
14. Right of Access to Personal Data
PROVET GROUP OF COMPANIES SDN. BHD.
No. 18, Jalan Desa Serdang 4, Taman Desa Serdang,
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
(Last updated: 30 Nov 2020)